You should be able to get jobs while looking like this, or having these things on your body. I don’t think jobs should be about appearance, unless the job description specifies it [Model, actress, etc].
For example: If you’re trying to get a job as a secretary, or as an accountant, or a nurse, or anything else professional, interviewers shouldn’t focus on looks.
This is speaking strictly on the fact that the way you look is correspondent with the dress code [Clothes], and is not a safety hazard for anybody.
I know that it probably will never happen, but I just think that people should hire for skill, not for looks.
This, so fucking much. I’m hoping to get into the international relations/peace and conflict field, which means not tats, no colored hair, no black polish, no skulls, heels, no Victorian dress. That fucking sucks, because I love being me and expressing myself in the way that I dress— and my productivity rate soars when I’m dressed comfortably as myself. Alt looks aren’t going to kill anyone in the workplace, and if they say “professionalism dictates it so”— well fuck guys, why do all professionals have to look so goddamn boring?
- kittymunster13 likes this
- buchanans-in-boots likes this
- wicked-ghoul likes this
- lemonninjaa reblogged this from r1seagainst
- pinholesoul reblogged this from mentalc0re
- r1seagainst reblogged this from sleeping-with-the-tardis
- sleeping-with-the-tardis reblogged this from mentalc0re
- oldaperture likes this
- starryeyedtrancechild reblogged this from sunflowers-in-her-eyes
- yourlittlemonsterr likes this
- coalblacksmithreblogs likes this
- squidprincess likes this
- aliceinskateland reblogged this from rammvonvanitydarko
- venelllope likes this
- rammvonvanitydarko reblogged this from queerlittlemermaid
- whatthegeekster reblogged this from mandiandi
- frownzdontsmile likes this
- bands-and-emotions likes this
- thegeekyprincess likes this
- umbvix said:People need to look professional and trustworthy. As wrong as it is, a lot of people just don’t feel comfortable around people with crazy hair, piercings, and tattoos on display. Yes, you can express yourself, but that’s not what the workplace is for
- artismurder reblogged this from finkfiends
- artismurder likes this
- finkfiends reblogged this from prettyfacebigwaste and added:
- dead-litebulb likes this
- maltedmilkchocolate likes this
- biersacknradke reblogged this from may-i-touch-your-butt-if-i
- elliebot likes this
- emilyvonjane reblogged this from cherry-maulface and added:
- emilyvonjane likes this
- the-false-monicker likes this
- stupidtumblrurl likes this
- waveuponwaveuponwave said:Oh yes, I remember walking into The Hilton and thinking, “Wow! That girl with the bright green hair and six facial piercings looks professional and represents the company beautifully.” Nope.
- cherry-maulface likes this
- oneintwenty-four likes this
- anabiensofia likes this
- c0rp0ratehippie likes this
- dcats likes this
- yannisunshine likes this
- ginnosuke reblogged this from napalmjoy and added:
- reminiscingsunday likes this
- castairs likes this
- napalmjoy reblogged this from thomassauce and added:
- kirbyhead said:If a company wants you to dress a certain way whole you’re working for them, then do it. You are not at work to express your personality. You are there to do whatever it is they pay you to do. Go be a barista if you want to “express yourself.”